Pursuant to Florida Statute 61.13001 relocation means moving a child more than 50 miles from the child’s principal place of residence. If the parents agree to the relocation of the child’s principal residence, you can satisfy the court requirements by signing a written agreement and have the agreement ratified by the court.

Unless an agreement is reached, the parent who desires to relocate must file a Petition to Relocate and serve it upon the other parent and every other person entitled to access or to time sharing with the child.